Product Design Consultant
Start Code • Brooklyn, NY • November 2016 - Present
Start Code provides product development services for startups to move faster with their product idea and build a viable business in the most efficient way.
- Collaborate with leadership teams to understand product vision and customer needs while validating designs through testing and customer feedback.
- Help to design and develop Minimum Viable Product to accelerate iteration cycles driven by data collected from real users.
- Provide Fullstack Product Development Suite (UI/UX Design, Backend, and Mobile Development)
Clients: Palarin, Aegle, Reboot.io, HealthKick, Aarting, Simplifimed, Level Therapy
FOUNDER & CEO
Validate product assumptions by conducting and interpreting user data via Google Analytics, Mixpanel, remote interviews, surveys, and support tickets. Produced design documentation, mockups, and prototypes to assist implementation by development team, Identified and iterated on Customer Segment, Problem, and Business Model using Lean Business Canvas.
- Increased application engagement by 20% by redesigning gamification and push notification experiences.
- Launched mental health platform for use in research study funded by the National Institutes of Health that grew to 3K+ users with 8% weekly growth rate.
Xantrion • Oakland, CA • March 2005 - January 2011
Developed and managed an Infrastructure as a Service offering — a new line of revenue to compliment primary revenue stream at Xantrion. Conducted market need analysis, requirements gathering, and release planning of service offering. Collaborated with cross-functional teams to deploy and launch solution on time and on budget.
- Generated 10% increase in monthly recurring revenue by identifying opportunity to leverage new virtualization solutions for new and existing customer base.
- Improved Net Promoter Score 5% by redesigning the customer on-boarding process to simplify data collection and improve user experience.
- Decreased deployment time 30% by working with engineering to identify solutions to optimize backend infrastructure.
QBIS Group • San Francisco, CA • September 2002 - March 2005
Implemented strategic vision and day-to-day activities of a technical consulting team specializing in implementation services: design through launch and ongoing quality assurance. Developed product strategy and roadmap for enterprise business intelligence product offerings for the City of San Francisco and the County of San Diego.
- Co-managed new product and services life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Drove a solution set across development teams through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Co-developed and implemented custom enterprise software package responsible for improving secure data extraction, transformation, and load times.
University of California, Irvine
Bachelor of Arts in Economics, June 2001
Minor in Information & Computer Science
General Assembly, New York
User Experience Design, Winter 2013
Intro to Product Management, Spring 2013
Parsons The New School for Design
Graphic and Digital Design, Winter 2014
Innovation and Entreprenuership Certificate
Expected Graduation, Summer 2017
ACTIVITIES AND HONORS
- 2007 ING New York City Marathon Finisher
- 2006 Wildflower Triathlon Finisher (Olympic Distance)
- Kaba Modern / KM Legacy
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon National Fraternity
User Experience Design
Cross Platform Design
Agile Software Development
Full Stack Web Development
Sketching • Wireframing
Omnigraffle • Balsamiq
Low & High Fidelity Mockups
Adobe Suite (PS, Ai, Id, Fw)
Keynote • proto.io
Ruby on Rails • REST APIs
GIT • Github
Go to Market Strategy
Pricing • Proposals
A/B & Multivariate Testing
Feedback • Reviews